Grand Central Cafe Whiskey Shrimp Dip
This "frighteningly" good recipe comes from the Grand Central Cafe, where the movie 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' was filmed in 1973! It's the perfect dip for curling up to a good movie!
- 1/4 cup Whiskey
- 1/2 pounds of tail-off shrimp (small)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Saute garlic, shallots, jalapenos, red pepper flakes in the olive oil.
- Add shrimp to mixture when shallots are translucent.
- Add whiskey, white vinegar and honey. Stir, simmer and reduce heat.
- When shrimp is cooked, add softened cream cheese and stir until well blended.
- Season with Salt and white pepper to taste.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Grand Central Cafe in Kingsland.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!