Interstellar BBQ’s Jalapeño Slaw
InterStellar BBQ in Austin has just been named the #2 Best BBQ in the state by Texas Monthly—and this spicy and refreshing slaw is the perfect side to serve along with rich and smoky BBQ!
- 4 small jalapeños stemmed, halved and seeded (see Note)
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayo
- kosher salt and pepper
- ½ head green cabbage shredded
- ½ head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 large carrot grated
Make the Vinaigrette
- In a blender, combine the jalapeños, vinegar, cilantro and garlic. Blend until smooth. Slowly add the vegetable oil while the blender is running until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
Make the Slaw
- In a large bowl, combine the green and purple cabbage, grated carrot and about 1 cup of the jalapeño vinaigrette. Toss to combine and add more vinaigrette if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Interstellar BBQ. If you are sensitive to heat, beginning with two jalapeños.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!