This meatloaf from Killen’s in Houston Heights is inspired from Ronnie Killen’s grandmother, along with most of the recipes in his new comfort-driven restaurant. The secret behind this old school recipe is the simplicity of the ingredients, but more importantly the quality of the ingredients. The flavors will be sure to bring back memories of your own grandmother and make the whole family happy!
- 5 pounds Ground Beef chuck or 85%
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and de-ribbed, finely chopped
- ½ cup Worcestershire
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers crushed
- 5 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, Worcestershire, crushed crackers, salt, pepper, and eggs. Mix by hand until well combined.
- In a 9” x 6”, or 9” x 13” pan, press ground beef mixture into an even layer. Brush ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf into the preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the ketchup starts to brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!