Le Colonial's Rice Noodle Salad
Le Colonial's Rice Noodle Salad comes together with fresh Vietnamese vegetables and herbs, and BEGS for a chardonnay! Delicious with grilled shrimp or steak.
- 1 pack Rice Noodles vermicelli or spaghetti style
- 1 large red pepper julienned
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1 Cucumber seeds removed, julienned
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- handful Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 cup Snap Peas julienned
- 1 head romaine thin slice
- 1/4 head Red or Green Cabbage julienned
- 1/2 cup Peanuts rough chop, set aside small amount for garnish
- 1 bunch basil rough chop, set aside small amount for garnish
- 1 bunch cilantro rough chop, set aside small amount for garnish
- 1 Tbs ginger grated
- 1/4 cup Fish sauce
- 1 large lime juice and zest
- 1-2 Tbs sambal oelek or other Asian style hot sauce
- 1 Tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- Black Pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are soft and ready to eat. Rinse with cold water and drain. Set aside.
- If you have a mandolin, it would be very helpful for prepping the carrot and cucumber, but it is not necessary.
- All the prep can be done well ahead of serving.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except romaine and cabbage.
- When ready to serve mix dressing into rice noodles, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of romaine and cabbage.
- Garnish with extra peanuts and herbs.
For the Dressing:
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside until ready to serve.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Le Colonial.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!