The Shack BBQ's Apple Pie Cheesecake
What's better than apple pie? When you add cheesecake to it, of course! This recipe is from our friends at The Shack BBQ in Lubbock.
- 1/2 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 stick butter - melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese - room temperature
- 2 1/2 pie crust rolls
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 half size steam pan or 9x13 half size disposable aluminum pan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray small aluminum pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread out 1 roll of pi crust on the bottom and sides of each pan. Poke holes in crusts with a fork to prevent puffing. Put pans with the holed crusts in oven for 5-8 minutes or until very lightly golden brown.
- Whip room temperature cream cheese in mixer on medium high speed (setting 8). While whipping, add salt and sugar. When blended add apple pie filling, cinnamon, and vanilla then mix on medium (setting 6). After they are blended, place mixture in the small aluminum pans on top of crust and spread evenly.
- With remaining pie crust, cut out 2-inch strips of pie crust to the length and width of the aluminum pan. Weave 2-inch strips to make top crust. Pour melted butter butter over top crust. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or when the top crust is brown. Cool completely before cutting into cheesecake.
This recipe is provided courtesy of The Shack BBQ in Lubbock.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!