Mozie’s Crispy Panko Chicken
This hearty recipe from Mozie’s in Gruene is a real crowdpleaser. It gets extra crunch from panko crumbs and a nutty flavor from freshly grated Romano cheese. As a bonus, Mozie’s also provided their recipe for their creamy chipotle sauce. Toss the sauce with angel hair pasta and serve the crispy chicken sliced and arranged on top.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced lengthwise and pounded ½-inch thin
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 Tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Canola or vegetable oil for deep frying
- 12 ounces of Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 cups Chipotle Cream Sauce see recipe notes
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 4 cups Baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato diced
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Prepare the chicken In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the Italian dressing. Refrigerate for at least one hour and up to overnight. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the cheese and lemon pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, spread the flour in an even layer. In a third shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Dredge the chicken breast pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in the egg wash. Dredge in the panko mixture, pressing on the chicken pieces to help the breadcrumbs adhere. Transfer to a large plate.
- In a deep heavy-bottomed pot, heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 350 degrees. Working in batches, fry the chicken until cooked through and golden brown on the outside, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice the chicken.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, cook the sauce with the bell pepper, spinach and tomato over moderate heat, stirring, until the spinach is wilted. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Divide the pasta between 6 shallow bowls and top with the sliced crispy chicken. Garnish with grated pecorino and serve right away with lemon wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!