Nick's Fish Dive & Oyster Bar Texas Rockefeller Oyster's
This recipe from Nick's Fish Dive & Oyster Bar will make your tastebuds pop with delicious Gulf oysters!
- 4 raw Gulf oysters on the half shell
- 4 oz of heavy cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 2 oz of Parmigiano Reggiano (Make sure to use certified Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 1 can of artichoke hearts quartered & drained
- 3 cups of washed spinach leaves
- ½ of a yellow onion -diced
- 5 cloves of garlic-minced
- 1 cup of white wine
- Remove the raw oysters from the shell and set aside in a clean bowl.
- Sweat down the garlic and onion in a pan.
- Add ½ cup of white wine.
- Reduce the temperature and cook until almost all the liquid has disappeared.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese and Parmigiano Reggiano. Keeping the fire on low, add in your artichoke hearts, spinach and salt/pepper to taste.
- Once the mixture is melted down, spoon the mixture into the empty oyster shells.
- Broil in the oven until bubbly and then top with fried oysters (standard breading for fried oysters).
This recipe was provided courtesy of Nick Fish Dive & Oyster Bar in Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!