One of the house favorites at Ouisie’s Table in H-Town, pan-seared and prepared with their sassy sauce, grilled asparagus, and Louisiana’s favorite starch…rice with French bread for dipping!
Prepare the rice and asparagus. Set aside but keep warm.
For the Snapper:
Rinse snapper under cold water, and pat dry. In a shallow bowl, coat fillets with olive oil and then salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place snapper fillets in skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until fish flakes easily with a fork.
For the Brandied Oysters:
Drain oysters in a colander reserving 6 oz. of the oyster liquor. Set aside.
Melt 1 Tbsp butter until foaming in a sautee pan.
Add green onions. Sautee until slightly limp and opaque, about one minute. Add garlic and parsley.
Add Worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice and zest. Cook another minute.
Add oyster liquor and allow to reduce over high heat.
Add Vermouth and further reduce until it coats the spoon.
Add 1 Tbsp butter, stir shake the pan, bring to a high simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened.
Add the drained oysters to the sauce. Continue spooning the sauce over them until the edges start to curl. Add 1 – 2 oz of Brandy and carefully ignite. Let it burn, stirring slightly until flames go out. Remove from heat. Keep warm.
For the Assembly:
Place cooked rice in middle of serving plate.
Add steamed asparagus on top of rice, then place fish on top and pour the sauce and oysters over fish. Serve immediately.
- 4 7-ounce XX fillets red snapper
- 1 ounce XX virgin olive oil
- 8 XX asparagus-spears (base trimmed, steamed until bright green but still crisp)
- 1 cup XX Basmati Rice (prepared according to package instructions)
- 20 XX brandied oysters (see recipe)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 20 large XX oysters reserve liquor
- 2 Tbsp. XX unsalted butter
- 6 XX green onions, cut on wide diagonal including white and green parts
- 1 ½ tsp XX garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. XX Parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. XX Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp XX Tabasco
- juice and zest lemon large, juicy
- 3 ounces XX dry Vermouth
- Brandy good grade
- Parsley chopped, for garnish
Ouisie’s Table Red Snapper Filet with Brandied Oysters
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!