Paula's Texas Spirits Hard Cider Punch
Paula’s Texas Spirits packs a punch with this hard cider punch! It infuses orange liqueur with bourbon and rye whiskey — enough to power nine ladies dancing!
- 2 cups Rye Whiskey
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup Paula’s Texas Orange
- 4 cups Fresh Apple Cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 lemons
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 inch onepiece of Ginger peeled and sliced
- 10 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 cup boiling water
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemons over the punch bowl, avoiding the pith. Set aside the peeled lemons. Add cinnamon, sugar, ginger, and bitters to the bowl. Top with boiling water and stir to dissolve sugar. Use a muddler to lightly crush all ingredients and allow to steep until water cools.
- While ingredients in bowl are cooling, juice and strain the lemons, add to punch bowl. Stir in rye, bourbon, Paula’s Texas Orange, and cider. Refrigerate for an hour and then strain out solids. Serve on the rocks with a cinnamon stick for garnish.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Paula's Texas Spirits and Bill Norris.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!