Image Credit: Sherri Segari
Robard's Steakhouse 'Caesar' Salad with Gorgonzola, Bacon and Walnuts
There's nothing standard about this Caesar Salad, made with Gorgonzola, bacon and walnuts. Feeling something lighter? Swap the bacon with shrimp or grilled salmon.
- 1 bunch of Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked bacon chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup toasted walnuts chopped
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 2.5 ounces of store-bought croutons, or make your own (Recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup your choice of Caesar dressing
- 1 brioche loaf (about 12 ounces) sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pepper
- Toss lettuce, cooked bacon, toasted walnuts and Gorgonzola with brioche or store-bought croutons. Toss with Caesar dressing. Separate into two to four bowls, depending on need.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread brioche pieces on a sheet pan then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing until nicely browned on all sides. Cool before using in salad.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Robard's Steakhouse in The Woodlands.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!