Smoky Rose’s Bologna Sandwich
Smoky Rose, located next to the Arboretum in Dallas, is serving up their twist on “Tex-Que.” Their famous bologna sandwich is a fan favorite with housemade brisket bologna and melted cheese served on a toasted bun with a special sauce you’ll want to put on everything!
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 16 thick slices bologna
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 burger buns split
- 8 tomato slices
- 12 dill pickle slices
Make the Sauce
- Mix the mayonnaise with the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and season with pepper.
Make the Sandwiches
- In a large dry skillet over medium high heat, fry the bologna slices until crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Lower the heat to medium and stack two bologna slices together and top with a slice of cheddar cheese. Let the cheese melt and remove from the pan.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and toast the buns until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on the bottom buns, then add the bologna and cheese. Drizzle the burger sauce generously over the tops, then finish with 3 dill pickles. Close the sandwiches and serve right away.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Smoky Rose.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!