Spoons Cafe's Pumpkin Soup
Nothing says comfort like a bowl of homemade soup. We head to Spoons Cafe and try one of Karen Klassen’s best sellers: the velvety-smooth Pumpkin Soup. It's on the menu year-round, and it's so easy to make. We have the recipe for you!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 Cup veggie broth
- 2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Cans Canned Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Melt butter and add chopped onions.
- Sauté onions until they are translucent.
- Gradually add flour while whisking being careful to not have lumps.
- Add veggie broth, heavy whipping cream, canned pumpkin, and other dry ingredients while continuing to whisk.
- Let simmer until heated.
This recipe is courteous of Spoons Cafe in McKinney.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!