Summer Pasta Salad with Chicken and Grilled Peaches
This gorgeous pasta salad is the epitome of summer! Juicy grilled peaches, fresh herbs, colorful vegetables, mozzarella, and cavatappi pasta are tossed with John Soules Foods’ Grilled Chicken Breast Strips. The result is a healthy grill side that comes together quickly. Serve as a light summer dinner with a chilled bottle of wine or bring to your next backyard cookout.
- 2 large firm ripe peaches halved and pits removed
- ¼ cup canola or grape-seed oil plus more for brushing
- 1 pound cavatappi or rigatoni pasta
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 6 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- One 16-ounce bag John Soules Foods’ Grilled Chicken Breast Strips (see notes)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 Persian cucumbers cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 ounces mozzarella “pearls” (small mozzarella balls), drained (see notes)
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup torn fresh mint leaves
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Brush the halved peaches all over with canola oil and grill over moderately-high heat, flipping once, until charred on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool, then cut into ½-inch wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the red wine vinegar with the Dijon mustard and honey. Season with salt and pepper. While whisking constantly, slowly stream in the olive oil and the ¼ cup of canola oil until the vinaigrette is thick and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Toss the pasta with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and let cool completely.
- Prepare the JSF Grilled Chicken Breast Strips according to package instructions. Add to the bowl with the pasta.
- Season the halved cherry tomatoes with salt and pepper and add to the pasta salad. Add the cucumber, red onion, mozzarella, and grilled peaches. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the herbs and enjoy!
If you cannot find mozzarella pearls, then you can use one 8-ounce ball of fresh mozzarella in their place. Cut into bite-size pieces before tossing with the pasta salad. For more details on John Soules Foods' products and where to find them, read on here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!