The Buttermilk Cafe's Key Lime Pie
Mom and daughter duo Carol Irwin and Marcy Muzny know a thing or two about treating Mom with their to-die-for breakfasts and brunches at The Buttermilk Cafe in New Braunfels. If you can't make it to the Hill Country to try one of their amazing Breakfast Stratas, make sure to 'fix up' their Key Lime Pie for Mama!
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16-ounce container of Cool Whip
- 8 ounces lime juice
- zest from 1 lime
- Storebought Pie Shell
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted with a small amount of cream
- Optional garnishes blackberry sauce, whipped topping, fresh blackberry, lime and mint leaves
- Prepare pie shells in a pie dish. Prick pie dough and bake as directed. Melt chocolate and cream together, then thinly spread on the bottom and up the sides of the baked pie shells.
- Combine the key lime filling ingredients and fill the prepared and chocolate-lined pie crust filling the center of the pie higher. Chill until set.
- Garnish as desired with blackberry sauce, whipped cream, fresh blackberry, twist of a lime and mint leaf.
This recipe is provided courtesy of The Buttermilk Cafe in New Braunfels.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!