Recipe and image courtesy of The Guenther House
The Guenther House's Chicken Pot Pie
Step back in time at The Guenther House - an award-winning restaurant in San Antonio, fully restored from a private home erected in 1860! This flaky Chicken Pot Pie recipe features their River Mill Brand Champagne Chicken Gravy Mix and Pioneer Brand Original Baking and Biscuit Mix.
- 2 pouches San Antonio River Mill Brand® Champagne Chicken Gravy Mix *
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrots diced small
- 1 cup onions diced
- ¼ cup red pepper diced small
- 2 cups Mushrooms fresh, sliced ⅛” thick
- 2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 3 cups chicken breast cooked diced into ½ “ cubes
- 1 cup Half and half
Pot Pie Dough Bowls:
- 2 ½ cups Pioneer Brand® Original Baking and Biscuit Mix
- 1 pound cream cheese softened
- 1 cup butter softened
- Tortilla pan molds
- Prepare the Champagne Chicken Gravy according to package directions. Melt butter in saute pan; saute celery, carrots and onions until just tender. Add sautéed vegetables, red pepper, mushrooms, peas and cooked chicken to prepared gravy. Simmer on low 18-20 minutes; add half and half, stir well, remove from heat.
For Pot Pie Dough Bowls:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray each tortilla pan mold with pan release. Pour Baking and Biscuit Mix in a large bowl, cut cream cheese and butter into the mix to make a dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Gently knead 3-4 times; roll dough ⅛” thick. Using the tortilla pan mold as a guide, cut the dough into a circle to cover the tortilla pan mold. Place dough circle over tortilla pan mold, press into the sides, cut off excess dough from sides.
- Place the dough bowls on a cookie sheet pan, place parchment paper in each bowl and fill with pie weights; pre-bake the dough in the tortilla pan molds with pie weights for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Remove the pie weights and parchment paper, return to oven and bake for 8-10 minutes longer or until the dough is golden brown and center is thoroughly baked. Let bowls cool.
- To serve, ladle Chicken Pot Pie mixture into the bowl and garnish with minced parsley or paprika.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!