The Woodlands Resort Rum Chocolate Truffles
Say it with us: Rum. Chocolate. Truffles! This luxurious little dessert has a big effect, but doesn't take too long to prepare. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate 225 g
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1½ tablespoons dark rum or coffee or cream
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with cream and rum over hot water.
- Whisk gently until the mixture is smooth.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator overnight covered by plastic wrap.
- Scoop a small tablespoon of chocolate mixture and roll the truffle balls in your hands; be careful to avoid melting the balls. The size (diameter) should be about 1 inch (2.5 cm). Alternatively, shape the truffles by using a melon baller.
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder.
- Store the truffle balls tightly covered in a refrigerator.
This recipe is provided courtesy of The Woodlands Resort. These truffles can also be covered by dark chocolate: first melt the chocolate in a double boiler, cool to 95 degrees F (35 degrees C) or less, then roll cold truffle balls in the melted chocolate using a fork and a teaspoon, finally put the truffles in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Chocolate-covered truffles should be served at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!