Fresh figs and haricots verts from the Jordan garden are a big sign that fall has arrived! This light, healthy salad celebrates the
season with crisp, sweet flavors that pair wonderfully with Chardonnay.
- To make the dressing, combine sherry vinegar, mustard, thyme, shallot,
salt and pepper in a blender at medium speed. While blending, slowly
drizzle 3⁄4 cup Jordan Extra Virgin Olive Oil until emulsified. Refrigerate
and keep for up to one week.
- In a nonreactive bowl, toss ears of corn with remaining Jordan Extra
Virgin Olive Oil, Aleppo pepper and salt. Grill corn on medium high
heat until it begins to brown. Let the corn cool to touch, then slice
kernels off of the cob and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. While water
is coming to a boil, quarter figs and set aside. Blanch beans in boiling
water until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Shock beans in ice water
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add salad dressing to taste and
gently toss. Serve immediately.
- 1⁄4 cup XX aged sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon XX Dijon mustard
- 1 XX shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon XX fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
and salt to taste
- 1 cup XX Jordan Extra Virgin
- 4 ears XX corn, shucked and
- 2 tablespoons XX Aleppo crushed
- 18 XX assorted figs (Black
mission, candy stripe or
- 1 cup XX haricots verts or romano
- 1⁄2 cup XX hazelnuts, roasted
skinned and crushed
- 8 cups XX baby arugula, stemmed
- 1 cup XX frisée trimmed of most green