A Simply Perfect Roasted Turkey
Simply put, a simply PERFECT roasted turkey is right! This is a traditional recipe we've all come to know and love...
- 1 20 lb. Whole Turkey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Qt Turkey Stock – Chicken Stock can be substituted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place rack in lower position of oven.
- Remove the turkey neck and giblets, rinse the turkey and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place turkey in roasting pan and coat with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Position an aluminum tent over the turkey and pour 2 cups of stock into bottom of roasting pan and place turkey in oven.
- Baste every 30 minutes with the juices from the bottom of the pan. Whenever the drippings evaporate, add stock to moisten, about 1 cup at a time.
- Remove the aluminum foil tent after 2.5 hours and roast until a meat thermometer inserted into the meaty part of the thigh reads 165 degrees, about 4 hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a large serving platter and let rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!