Recipe and photo courtesy of Central Market
A vibrant, zesty apple-jicama slaw from Central Market that also doubles as a fabulous side salad. Fresh- with tons of crunch!
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 each Gala apples cored and sliced into thin strips
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ each fresh jicama peeled and sliced into thin strips
- ½ each fresh poblano pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1 pint fresh blackberries halved
- Equipment: Mandolin Slicer
- In medium bowl mix together lime juice, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Add sliced apples, jicama, and poblano peppers to bowl and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour so that the flavors can develop.
- Just before serving, chop the cilantro and toss into the mixture.
- Add the blackberries and adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve slightly chilled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!