Blackberry Farm Griddle Cakes
Fast-track this pancakes or griddle cakes recipe by tripling the dry ingredients and storing them in a jar! It'll make your breakfast/brunch prep super easy.
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted, 1/2 stick
- Vegetable oil for skillet
- Whisk egg, buttermilk, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Whisk oat flour, cornmeal, rice flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients, then whisk in butter until no lumps remain.
- Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat; lightly brush with oil. Working in batches, pour batter by 1/4-cupfuls into skillet. Cook until bottoms are browned and bubbles form on top of griddle cakes, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until griddle cakes are cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!