Recipe and Image courtesy of Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa
Bite size chocolate Bourbon Balls from Executive Sous Chef Dan Bronke of the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa. Betcha can't have just one!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 2 pounds Confectioners Sugar sifted
- 1/3 cup Bulleit Bourbon to taste if you like more or less
- 1 cup pecans chopped fine
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate cut into pieces or chips
- 1 TBSP Shortening
- In the mixer, cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar.
- Add the Bourbon and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add pecan pieces and mix until blended.
- Refrigerate until chilled (this is important, because mixture must be cold to roll and dip in the chocolate).
- Shape into small ball shape.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening together.
- Working quickly, using a toothpick dip the balls in chocolate one at a time and place on a parchment paper.
- Remove toothpick and smooth chocolate or place a pecan half on top.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Move the Candies into candy papers and store in an air tight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!