Brown Sugar Barbeque Baked Chicken Wings
Sweet, smokey and just a little spicy, the sauce for these wings comes together in 5 minutes and is crazy good! Created by Adam and Joanne Gallagher.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 pounds chicken wings wing and drumstick separated (see note)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. (If you have one that fits, lay a cooling rack inside the baking sheet, this helps get the chicken extra crispy - see note below).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, sriracha, cumin and soy sauce. Taste and adjust the sauce to your liking then set aside 1/2 cup of sauce for tossing raw chicken and save the rest for dipping once the chicken has cooked.
- Toss chicken with reserved 1/2 cup of sauce then add to the prepared baking sheet (you may need two). Then, bake chicken, turning chicken once during cooking, until opaque throughout, about 30 minutes.
- Serve chicken with the sauce you set aside earlier, either on the side or tossed with the chicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!