Café Azur Octopus with Potatoes, Capers, Lemon & Anise
Test your culinary skills on this outstanding octopus dish from Café Azur in Houston! One bite and you'll feel as if you've been transported to the French Riviera!
- 1 Whole Portugese Octopus
- 1 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Anise Star
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Take off the head and cut the tentacles off the body of the octopus.
- Place the tentacles inside of the vacuum bag.
- Inside of the bags, add the extra virgin olive oil, anise star, pepper, and salt.
- Vacuum the bags and cook at 177 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 hours.
- Take the tentacles out of the bags and sear them on top of a hot pan or grill them for a charbroiled flavor.
- Pair octopus with your style of potatoes. Recommended with lemon and capers.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Café Azur.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!