Chocolate Ginger Crinkle Cookies
These crinkly chocolate wonders bring a big surprise -- crystallized ginger!
- 1/4 lbs. butter
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate over low-medium heat, stirring until smooth and being careful not to burn. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk the eggs into the cooled butter mixture, then stir into the dry ingredients until incorporated. Finally, stir in the ginger and chocolate chips.
- Place the confectioners’ sugar in a wide bowl. Using a small ice cream scoop or your hands shape dough into 1-inch balls, then coat with the confectioners’ sugar.
- Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake, rotating the pans after about 10 minutes, until the cookies puff and crack, 14 to 17 minutes total.
- Let cool for a minute before transferring to racks to cool completely.
Recipe and image courtesy of Central Market.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!