Image Credit: Jessica Attie for Clementine
Clementine's White Mushroom Salad
Husband and wife duo John and Elise Russ created the White Mushroom Salad for their sensational family-owned restaurant featuring Southern and American cuisine. The recipe is the talk of San Antonio lately -- one bite and you'll understand why! They so graciously shared the recipe with our readers.
- 8 ounces fresh White Button Mushrooms sliced as thin as you can manage
- 4 ounces EVOO
- 4 ounces lemon juice fresh squeezed, preferably Meyer lemon
- 1 bunch parsley chopped fine
- ½ each red onion sliced as thin as you can manage
- 2 each small red radish sliced as thin as you can manage
- 2 each lemons cut into segments minus the skin and pith
- 1 each pomegranate jewels only
- 3 ounces Pecorino cheese parmesan can substitute, shaved with a peeler
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheese, toss gently. Shave the cheese over the top of the tossed salad prior to serving. Enjoy.
"This is a great party pleaser as well as a simple salad for last-minute parties." - Chefs John and Elise Russ at Clementine This recipe is provided by Chefs Elise and John Russ at Clementine in San Antonio.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!