Image Credit: Kimberly Park Communications for Dish Society
Dish Society’s Super Sprouts Salad
In this superb salad from Dish Society, even the Brussels sprout leaves have a starring role!
- 2.5 cups Lacinato/Dino kale stems removed
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup Dried cherries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1½ cup Quinoa cooked
- 1 cup Parmesan shaved
- ¾ cup honey vinaigrette Store-bought or make your own. Recipe follows.
- ½ cup fried Brussels sprout leaves recipe follows
- Prepare vegetables; remove kale leaves from stems and thinly slice leaves into ribbons. Trim Brussels sprouts, removing any discolored leaves, and slice in half through the core. Blanch in lightly salted water until bright green and drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine kale, Brussels sprouts, raisins, cherries and almonds. Drizzle with honey vinaigrette and, using your hands, toss to combine, gently massaging kale to coat leaves with dressing.
- Once dressing is well distributed, add the quinoa and toss to combine.
- Divide salad into four deep salad bowls. Top each bowl with parmesan and fried Brussels sprout leaves to finish.
To make the honey vinaigrette:
- In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup honey, 1 cup neutral oil, ¾ cup and 1 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar and 1.5 tsp. salt. Whisk vigorously by hand or with an immersion blender until emulsified. Adjust seasoning to taste. Makes ~2.5 cups. Keep in airtight container in fridge up to four days.
To make fried Brussels sprout leaves:
- Either in a food processor or by hand, shred ½ cup trimmed Brussels sprouts into thin shards. Deep fry or pan fry in batches until golden and crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined sheet tray.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Dish Society in Houston and Katy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!