Don Pedro's Chile Colorado Sauce
Take Tex Mex to the MAX thanks to my amigos at Don Pedro's! Their famous Chile Colorado Sauce melds together dried poblano peppers with garlic and spices, bringing intense smoky flavor and heat to a rich sauce.
- 8 chili pods (chile ancho); dried & deveined
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavor buillon
- Place chiles, garlic and 3 cups water into a medium stockpot, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and steep for 30 minutes to soften.
- Strain into a bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Place the chiles and some of the liquid into a blender, and puree until smooth. Add more liquid as necessary to form a smooth sauce.
- Pass sauce through a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds and the tough skins; set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add the sauce, salt and chicken flavor buillon, cook it for 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Don Pedro Mexican Restaurant.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!