Giacomo's Cibo e Vino Organic Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Italian cooking doesn't get any simpler than sensational salads like the Insalata Naomi from Giacomo's Cibo e Vino in Houston! They shared their recipe for an organic apple cider vinaigrette you can pair with bresaola [air dried salted beef], fresh arugula, shaved parmesan, and marinated mushrooms!
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup Braggs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Puree the finely chopped shallots with ¼ cup of the vinegar in the blender. Let macerate for about 15 minutes, then add the salt and pepper, mustard, and remaining vinegar. Blend for about 2 minutes, then slowly add 1 cup of olive oil.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the remaining olive oil by hand, adding the olive oil in a slow steady stream.
- Ladle dressing over your favorite salad -- We like Giacomo's Insalate Naomi with bresaola [air dried salted beef], fresh arugula, shaved parmesan, and marinated mushrooms!
This recipe was provided courtesy of Giacomo's Cibo e Vino in Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!