Goya Foods’ Chickpea Soup with Chorizo
Goya Foods’ Executive Chef Fernando Desa guides Tanji through the simple steps to make this hearty Spanish Chickpea Soup that’s packed with chorizo and scented with smoky paprika and garlic. It’s nutritious and promises to be a real crowd pleaser around the dinner table this winter. Watch the step-by-step video now!
- 2 Tablespoons GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- One 7-ounce package GOYA Chorizo sliced ¼-inch thick
- ½ cup GOYA Sofrito
- 2 teaspoons GOYA Minced Garlic
- ½ cup GOYA Tomato Sauce
- 1 packet Sazón GOYA without Annatto
- Two 15.5 ounce cans GOYA Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 packet GOYA Powdered Chicken-Flavored Bouillon
- GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- Steamed rice for serving (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until the fat is rendered and the chorizo is browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add the sofrito and garlic; cook until fragrant and heated through, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and sazón and bring to a boil. Add chickpeas, bouillon and 2 cups of water. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until slightly reduced, about 30 minutes. Season with adobo.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with steamed rice, if desired. Enjoy!
You can find Goya Foods Products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!