Hearty and filling, these loaded sweet potatoes are perfect for busy weeknights! Piled high with H-E-B’s ready-to-eat Southern Chicken Tenders and finished with roasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of hot honey, this recipe is sure to become a fast favorite!
H-E-B’ Southern-Style Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- One 24-ounce bag H-E-B Southern-Style Breaded Chicken Strips
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- Hot honey for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Prepare the H-E-B Southern-Style Breaded Chicken Strips according to package instructions.
- While the chicken is cooking, prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and microwave on high until tender, cooking in 3 to 4 minute intervals, 8 to 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Let cool slightly, then slice the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Once the chicken is cooked, cut the chicken tenders into bite size pieces.
- Top the sweet potato halves with butter and cheese and season with salt and pepper. Divide the chicken, green onions and roasted pumpkin seeds between the sweet potato halves.
- Transfer to plates and drizzle with the hot honey and serve!