Jacala Mexican Restaurant's Famous 'Jacalitos'
They're some of San Antonio's most famous snack foods -- and now they're sharing the recipe with you! Our three favorite sisters at Jacala Mexican Restaurant have been serving up hot Jacalitos and amazing Tex-Mex since 1949. Get the 'scoop' on this delicious appetizer right here!
- 2 cups cooked white meat chicken shredded
- 1 1/2 cups favorite storebought or homemade queso Jacala uses a special blend made only for Jacala
- 1 1/2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- Optional Guacamole, Sour Cream, Sliced Jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook and set aside approximately 2 cups shredded cooked white chicken.
- On a large oven-proof oval platter or a small baking sheet covered in foil, place tortilla chips covering the entire plate. Add your favorite queso dip over this (they use a special blend made only for Jacala) so you can use Velveeta Cheese with Rotel or any queso dip you prefer, approximately 1 1/2 cups.
- Layer the cooked chicken and top with a layer of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, approximately 1 1/2 cups.
- Place in preheated oven approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve with a side of guacamole, sour cream and sliced jalapeño. Happy Fiesta!
This recipe is provided courtesy of Jacala Mexican Restaurant.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!