Elouise Adams Jones' Lemon Garlic Soup
This simple but satisfying soup comes from one of Houston’s culinary mavens – Elouise Adams Jones who is the proprietress of the iconic Ouisie’s Table. I’m told Elouise doesn’t often give out recipes, but she was kind enough to share this one. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 3 bunches scallions, cut on the diagonal
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 15 cloves garlic -- minced
- 6 quarts chicken stock-must be flavorful
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice
- Sauté green onions in butter until soft.
- Add garlic. Do not let garlic brown but cook it to release all the flavor but slowly.
- Add 1 quart chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil.
- Strain and discard the onion and garlic after pressing it with the back of a large spoon through strainer.
- Add the rest of the chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Check for salt — if the stock is well seasoned you may not need salt.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Elouise Adams Jones of Ouisie's Table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!