Parma Crown Prosciutto di Parma Crostini with Mushroom
With a little fresh baked bread, you can make a crostini in a snap! This recipe for Prosciutto di Parma Crostini with mushroom includes a few simple steps, but can be prepared in about 30 minutes. We like topping it with thin slices of hard boiled eggs.
- 12 slices baguette, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon truffle oil
- 6 slices Prosciutto di Parma halved
- 2 hardboiled eggs sliced
- 12 leaves baby arugula
- Parmigianino cheese shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread slices on a large rimmed baking sheet. Brush both sides of each slice lightly using 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the garlic over medium heat. When garlic begins to sizzle, stir in parsley. Cook, stirring frequently, about one minute.
- Increase heat to medium high; add mushrooms and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add wine, stirring, until wine is evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in truffle oil.
- Top crostini with sautéed mushrooms, prosciutto, egg, arugula and a few shavings of Parmigianino cheese.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Parma Crown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!