Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
This addictive finger food is a mash-up of two of our favorite Southern classics: Deviled Eggs and Pimento Cheese! For perfectly shaped egg whites, use slightly older eggs – they’re easier to peel. While the eggs are boiling, give them a gentle stir once or twice so that the egg whites distribute in the shell and are shaped evenly when cooked. Lastly, peel the eggs while they’re still slightly warm. This will help the shells come off more easily. If you already have pimento cheese on hand, swap out the garlic, cheddar cheese and pimentos in the filling for 1/2 cup of the pre-made spread! We highly recommend our Ultimate Pimento Cheese recipe.
- 1 dozen large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove finely grated
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- One 4-ounce jar chopped pimentos drained
- 1 Tablespoon Hot sauce such as Crystal or Tabasco brand, plus more to taste
- kosher salt and pepper
- Thinly slice scallions for garnish
- Prepare an ice bath and bring a large pot of water to a boil or moderately-high heat. Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower the eggs into the water. Boil for 11 minutes. Carefully transfer the eggs to the ice bath and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Gently crack the eggs all over on a flat surface and peel while they’re still slightly warm. Transfer to a plate and let cool completely.
- Halve the eggs lengthwise. Scoop the yolks into the bowl of a food processor and arrange the whites on a large platter.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard and garlic to the food processor with the yolks. Puree until smooth. Add the cheese, pimentos and hot sauce and pulse until just combined. Season with salt and pepper and add more hot sauce, if desired. Alternatively, you can mash everything by hand in a large bowl.
- For easy filling, scrape the egg yolk filling into a pastry bag or large zip-top plastic bag. Press the filling into one corner and then snip 1-inch off the bottom corner. Squeezing from the top of the bag, carefully pipe the filling into the egg white halves. Alternatively, spoon the filling into each half. Garnish the Deviled Eggs with sliced scallions and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with hot sauce.
MAKE AHEAD The eggs can be cooked and the filling prepared 1 day in advance. Refrigerate separately. Fill eggs before serving. If you already have pimento cheese on hand, swap out the garlic, cheddar cheese and pimentos in the filling for 1/2 cup of the pre-made spread! We highly recommend our Ultimate Pimento Cheese recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!