The Only Pimento Cheese Recipe You’ll Ever Need
Mayonnaise is the magic ingredient here. It makes this cheesy spread incredibly gooey. Per the name, pimento cheese is traditionally made with jarred pimento peppers, but I like to add a bit of tang and use pickled cherry peppers in their place. The acidity of the pickles cuts through the richness of the cheeses. Use it to make our Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches or Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs.
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup pickled cherry peppers finely chopped
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Hot sauce plus more to taste
- 8 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- Black Pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the cream cheese with the mayo until smooth. Add the pimentos, scallions and hot sauce and pulse until just combined. Add the shredded cheeses and pulse until incorporated, but still slightly chunky. Season with pepper and hot sauce to taste. Transfer to 1-quart jar for storage.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!