Lone Star Farmers Market's Prosciutto-Wrapped Peaches with Honey Basil Sauce
Delight your guests this summer with this simple yet impressive appetizer. Sweet and savory pair perfectly together when locally grown fresh peaches wrapped in prosciutto with a honey basil sauce drizzled on top come together.
- 2-3 medium peaches washed, pitted and sliced 1/4″ - 1/2
- 3 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons local honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- After slicing peaches set them aside. Lay out prosciutto pieces on a cutting board one piece at a time and slice pieces into thirds long ways. After slicing prosciutto, take a single slice and wrap it around a single peach slice and lay it on your serving dish. Continue to wrap all peaches until all of the prosciutto has been wrapped. Once finished, cover dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to chill.
- While chilling peaches, place basil, olive oil, honey, and salt into a food processor and pulse until pureed together. Once completed, remove peaches from the refrigerator and drizzle the sauce over the prosciutto until all have been covered with about 1/4 teaspoon. Serve right away or cover again and keep cool in refrigerator.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Lone Star Farmer's Market.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!