Recipe and image courtesy of Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park
Rich, creamy and velvety, this Pumpkin Mousse from Chef Vikramjit Katoch is a rich reward after a savory holiday meal! A lovely presentation, portioned off into individual mason jars for easy grab 'n go.
- 2 eggs Whites & Yolks separated
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cup Pumpkin Puree (pre-pureed or solid pack processed with food processor)
- 3 Tbsp white sugar granulated
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ Tsp ground cloves
- ½ Tsp ground Mace
- ½ Tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder or chopped toasted nuts of your choice
- Chopped Almond Biscotti
- "Biscoff" Cookie Pieces
- Crumbled Gingersnap Cookies
- whipped cream
- “Blossom” the gelatin by placing into cold water for 10 minutes.
- Mix Milk, Honey and all spices & heat in a heavy bottomed saucepan to 130 degrees, just enough to melt the honey. If the mixture reaches a temp higher than 135, allow to cool or the excessive heat may prevent gelatin from activating properly. Add gelatin & mix well.
- Place egg yolks into another heavy bottomed sauce pot, pour the heated milk mixture into the egg yolks, heat while stirring until mixture just starts to bubble slightly.
- Stir in the pureed pumpkin & vanilla and blend well with whisk. Cool to 75 degrees before adding egg whites in next step.
- Whip egg whites til frothy and slowly sprinkle sugar to stiff peaks and “fold” carefully and gently into the pumpkin mix.
- Spoon into glass or ceramic serving dishes and refrigerate to chill before serving.
- Garnish with optional garnishes listed above, serve & enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!