The Quinoa Grill's Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
This refreshing blend of protein-packed quinoa and roasted vegetables is light and healthy -- perfect for kick-starting your health eating goals!
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ¾ cup water
- 2 medium carrots cubed into small chunks
- 1 small zucchini cubed
- 6 oz. mushrooms halved
- 8-10 whole asparagus
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp. rosemary dried
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2½ tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of Balsamic Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chopped vegetables and garlic on a baking sheet. Add rosemary, salt and pepper and toss with olive oil and vinegar so that vegetables are evenly coated.
- Place vegetables in oven and bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through the baking time.
- Meanwhile, combine water and rinsed quinoa in small saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork then place in a large serving dish.
- Add roasted vegetables to quinoa and toss to combine.
- Top with lean grilled meat or with almonds.
This recipe is provided courtesy of The Quinoa Grill in Round Rock.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!