Roasted Pumpkin Chipotle Soup
Keep warm (and feel satisfied) with this hearty, seasonal soup from my friends at Stone Werks.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted Cumin seed ground
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle puree
- 3 15-ounce cans Canned Pumpkin
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt more to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 avocados diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup pecans toasted, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
For the Soup:
- Heat butter in a large pot (8-quart) on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, cinnamon and chipotle, cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the pumpkin, chicken stock and salt. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, partially covered. Add cream, simmer 10 min more.
- Remove the soup from heat. Working in batches of 2 cups each, purée the soup in batches, holding down the lid to the blender tightly while puréeing, and starting on a slow speed. Return the puréed soup to the pot.
- Hold warm till ready to serve, garnish top of soup with toasted pecans, cilantro and avocado.
For the Garnish:
- Mix well, hold for service.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!