Searsucker's Pimento Queso Dip
Scrumptious pimento cheese dip with a kick from Executive Chef Tommy Simpson at Searsucker Austin.
- 1.5 lb cream cheese medium dice
- 1 bunch .25 Green Chartreuse sliced fairly thin
- 1.25 lbs smoked yellow cheddar medium dice
- 2 ea red bell peppers medium dice
- 6 pieces Applewood Smoked Bacon cooked off
- .5 can Chipotle pepper puree (chipotle in adobo sauce/pureed)
- .5 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbl salt
- Cook off the bacon and then cut each piece into 6-7 smaller pieces.
- In a food processor blend the bacon pieces, cut green onion, diced bell peppers, and chipotle puree. Blend until smooth. Reserve until needed.
- In a separate pot, gently heat the heavy cream and milk. Once heated whisk in the diced cream cheese until fully incorporated and melted.
- Next slowly add in the smoked yellow cheddar chunks until fully incorporated and melted. Once all the cheese is incorporated and melted, add your mix of chipotle puree, bacon, scallions, and red pepper. Incorporated and mix through, then season with salt.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Searsucker Austin.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!