Oyster and Brie Champagne Soup
Leave it to Paula Dean to come up with a fabulous recipe. This is a slight variation of a delicious, velvety soup with oysters, brie and champagne...bring on the romance!!
- ½ stick butter
- 1 large shallot minced
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fish stock or clam juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ lb brie cheese rind removed and cut up
- 1 bunch chives minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups Brut Champagne
- 2 dozen fresh oysters
- Melt butter over low heat. Add shallots and red pepper flakes and sauté until softened.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook until lightly colored, roughly 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the stock and cream.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Brie, chives, salt and pepper, to taste, and stir until melted.
- Add Champagne.
- Add the oysters and cook for 3 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!