Southerleigh Haute South’s Galveston Shrimp Boil
Get authentic Cajun food at home with this delicious shrimp boil that comes together in a snap. San Antonio’s Southerleigh Haute South knows southern food and they’re willing to share their famous recipe so you can impress your family and friends at home!
- ¾ cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 bunch celery chopped
- 2 yellow onions chopped
- 3 red bell peppers chopped
- 5 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 links sausage cut into thirds
- 2 ears corn cut in half
- ¾ cups melted unsalted butter plus 1 Tablespoon softened unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons Blackened Fish Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons Crystal Hot Sauce
- In a large pot add 2½ gallons of water. Add Old Bay, celery, onions, peppers and salt to the water and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp, sausage and corn to the seasoned water and cook until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked shrimp, sausage and corn with clarified butter, blackened seasoning, nutritional yeast, softened butter and hot sauce. Toss until the butter is melted and the seasonings evenly coat the boil, enjoy!
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Southerleigh Haute South.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!