Spring Lamb Curry
Indian cuisine at home has never been so easy. This dish can be made with other protein, but the true flavor is in the lamb. Serve with some rice, naan or samosas!
- 2.5 lbs Lamb shoulder 1’’ cubed
- 8 oz chopped onions
- 1 oz chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 3 Cilantro Sprigs
- 0.5 tsp Thai chili
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.5 tsp Cardamon ground
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 oz Lemongrass chopped
- 1 Tbps salt
- 8 oz Cashews
- 1 Tbsp ginger — chopped
- 2 Tbsp jalapeños chopped with seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 Tbps Cilantro Chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz honey
- In a 3qt pot heat 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil sauté the Lamb until golden brown
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, Thai chili, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon bark and the red Thai curry paste.
- At medium heat continue sauté the meat with all the spices and vegetables
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring the stew to a boil then lower the heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours until the meat is fork tender.
- Serve the curry cashew chutney (recipe below), roasted broccoli florets seasoned with Togarashi spices and garnish with micro cilantro (you may also use regular cilantro).
- In a food processor combine all ingredients
- Pulse until the chutney forms a paste consistency
Courtesy of Chef Edel Goncalves of Fielding's Local Kitchen + Table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!