Stubb's BBQ Serrano Cheese Spinach
One of the most talked about menu items at Stubb's BBQ in Austin (other than the brisket) is this signature side: their Serrano Cheese Spinach. Spicy and creamy with a little kick. This was sooooo good!
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach
- 8 oz. cream cheese cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled serranos
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Drain well into a colander, press out excess water with spoon or spatula.
- Place cream cheese, cream, serranos, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan. Add the spinach and stir over medium-low heat until cream cheese melts.
- When all ingredients are evenly combined and mixture is warm, serve.
This is an original C.B. Stubblefield recipe. Cook spinach according to directions. Do not overcook!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!