Tanji’s Turkey Dinner Bone Broth + Rice Soup
Turkey Soup for the soul, this recipe is the perfect way to use the whole bird in your thanksgiving plans, it takes as good as it did the first time- the turkey bones and carcass will simmer and then the buttery flavors will collect to make the most magnificent post Thanksgiving soup to feed the whole family.
- 1 turkey carcass post Thanksgiving
- 1½ cups leftover stuffing
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2½ quarts chicken broth
- garlic salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups regular long-grain white rice uncooked
- 1 package frozen green peas 16 ounces
- Place the turkey carcass in a large, deep pot, and add the stuffing, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, sage, and chicken broth. Pour in additional water if needed to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 1 hour, skimming off any foam. Remove the carcass and any bones. Pick any meat off and return to the pot, discarding bones and skin.
- Season to taste with garlic salt and pepper. Stir in the rice and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the peas, and continue to simmer until rice is tender, about 10 minutes more.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!