Tarka Indian Kitchen Beyond Keema Curry
If Indian cooking is something you’re unfamiliar with, this is a great place to start! Plus, you can make it vegan friendly or not! Beyond Keema Curry features plant-based ground meat with green peas & red potatoes, seasoned with coriander, dried chilis & Indian spices and can be served with vegan sweet yeast rolls or any bread or rice of your choosing. Lots of fun spices and flavor in this dish.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Kolonji Seeds (Substitute Mustard Seeds)
- 2 Dried Red Chilies
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Diced Yellow Onions
- 1/2 cup Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoons Ground Tumeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 lbs Ground Beyond Meat
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Diced Boiled Red Potatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup GREEN PEAS (optional)
- Heat the oil on medium heat. Add the whole spices, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Kolonji Seeds, Dried Red Chilies, Cinnamon Stick, Bay Leaf and Ground Black Pepper and cook until aromatic and the cumin begins to lightly brown. 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook until they are lightly browned and caramelized. Add the Tumeric and toast gently for 1-2 minutes. Add the Ground Paprika, Ground Coriander, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Curry Powder, and Garam Masala and toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground Beyond Meat and cook until browned (5-10 minutes). Add salt and tomato puree and cook for another 2 minutes. Add up to ½ cup of water. Add the diced Tomatoes, diced Red Potatoes and Green Peas. Simmer for another 5 minutes and until mostly dry but still moist.
- Serve in large dish. Garnish with Fresh Cilantro, Sliced Red Onion, Sliced Jalapenos. Serve with Rice or Pav Bread.
Note: This recipe was provided by Tarka Indian Kitchen.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!