Vanilla Bean Crème Brülée Easter Eggs
Make Easter Sunday extra special with these insanely good Vanilla Bean Crème Brülée Easter Eggs from The Driskill's Executive Pastry Chef Tony Sansalone. Made with Grand Marnier.
- ¾ cup egg yolks (approximately 8)
- 1 T. Grand Marnier liqueur
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ vanilla bean (split and scraped)
- 12 egg shells tops removed, shells cleaned and sanitized
- sugar for dusting the tops to brülée
- Mix the egg yolks and Grand Marnier in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla bean over medium until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Carefully and quickly add approximately 1 cup of the heated cream to the egg/alcohol mixture, and mix well. Pour the yolk/cream mixture into the remaining cream in the pot. Stir until incorporated and then strain it through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour the brülée cream into two, 10-inch cake pans. In a water bath, bake brülée at 300 f until firm. Cool and refrigerate overnight. When thoroughly cooled, pipe 2 oz. of crème brülée into sanitized egg shells. Place filled eggs in a wire or ceramic egg crate.
- Apply a thin, even layer of granulated sugar on top of brülée cream and carefully burn the sugar with a torch until it is in a caramel state. Allow caramel to cool for a minute before eating.
Recipe and Image courtesy of The Driskill Grill.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!