Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar 2-Alarm Hummus
- 20 oz. chickpeas Can use either canned, or chickpeas that have been soaked overnight
- 10 each Serrano Peppers Fry these in oil
- 3 each lemons juiced
- 3 tbsp. Tahini
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 whole chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh minced parsley
- Optional Asian Chile Garlic Sauce
- Optional Pomegranate Seeds
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight and refrigerate. Bring to a boil and simmer for two to three hours until tender.
- Strain chickpeas and reserve cooking liquid. Blend chickpeas and remaining ingredients in food processor. Check seasoning and add a little cooking liquid to adjust consistency.
- Garnish with optional Asian Chile Garlic Sauce and pomegranate seeds. Serve with favorite pita bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!