Z'Tejas Miso Glazed Salmon
Tackle Z'Tejas' recipe for Miso Glazed Salmon, which is low in fat and high in protein. Salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- 2 7 ounce salmon fillets
- Salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce fresh ginger a piece about 4” in length
- ¾ ounce red miso paste
- 4 ounces Sriracha Chile sauce
- 1 ounces fresh basil picked off the stem
- 8 ounces sesame oil
- 13 ounces honey
- For Glaze: Place first 5 ingredients into a food processor or blender. Puree for about 15 to 20 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and continue to puree until ingredients are finely chopped, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add sesame oil and honey. Continue to puree until mixture has a smooth consistency. Glaze can be stored in the refrigerator.
- For Salmon: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place salmon on a sheet tray and cover with miso glaze (about two tablespoons per fillet).
- Place salmon in the oven, cook about 5 to 6 minutes. Then place under the broiler for an additional 2 minutes until glaze starts to darken.
- Remove from the oven, the salmon should be cooked to medium. Serve with rice and mixed vegetables.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Z'Tejas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!