Having worked in the news media for many years, emceeing galas, fundraisers and the like is a regular part of my schedule. I’ve attended hundreds, but there’s ONE that truly stands out in my mind–Meals on Reels! It’s been well over 5 years since the event was last in San Antonio, and IT’S BACK!
This event has it all – incredible food, wine and an entertaining show that includes clips from your favorite ‘food scenes’ from popular movies. The San Antonio chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International (LDEI) is hosting Meals on Reels on Thursday, February 26th. LDEI is a charitable organization of women in the culinary fields. I just became a member of the local San Antonio chapter myself, which celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2015!
This lavish event will feature a cocktail reception, as well as cooking demonstrations and a multi-course dinner of “movie-inspired” fare — all prepared by esteemed Les Dames members. Meals on Reels will help fund LDEI’s scholarships, grants and Green Tables program.
Each course will be paired with wine and a culinary-themed movie clip. Silent and live auctions will also complete the scene. And a fabulous time to be had by all! I hope to see you there.
Thursday, February 26
6 p.m. @ The St. Anthony Hotel
300 East Travis Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
– Lobster Bisque (Denise Mazal, Little Gretel Restaurant)
– Quail with Rose Petal Sauce (Lisa Wong and Nancy Fitch, Rosario’s)
– Palate Cleanser (Cynthia Guido and Cathy Tarasovic,Well Seasoned Cuisine)
– Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon (Debbie Gonzalez, St. Anthony Hotel)
– Multiple desserts (Jenny Mattingsley, Oblate School of Theology and Paesano’s Restaurant Group, and Anne Ng, Bakery Lorraine)
– Cheese and butter supplied by Jarlsberg; beef for the entree supplied by the Texas Beef Council
$175 per person with corporate tables available. Seating is limited! Tickets can be purchased at:
For additional information about the San Antonio chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International and/or the Meals on Reels fundraiser, visit the chapter’s website at: http://www.ldeisanantonio.org, or contact event co-chairs Blanca Aldaco or Kathy Shearer (210-861-5346).